Monday 2 April 2007

One is starved of Technicolor up there

I decided to disprove my film=B&W / TV=colour rule by watching A Matter of Life and Death and Pleasantville.

A Matter of Life and Death never fails me. Neither does Pleasantville, for that matter, but because I saw it post-adolescence, I don't automatically think of it when I'm listing "films I love". This time, because I had recently been talking about the thoroughly stunning Pan's Labyrinth, I found myself watching the development of the brother and sister relationship.

I went and read some of the IMDB comments on A Matter of Life and Death. Someone said they thought it was rubbish. So someone explained why that might not be the case. And the first person thanked them for an enlightening reply. Internet in ideal speech situation shock. Most people just roundly abused the original poster, though, so let's not get too excited.

No comments: